Friday, February 20, 2009

Let them eat cake!

So, I have a baking hobby. I love to decorate cakes, and my kids like to help (yummy benefits to helping!). I've had a few requests to share pictures, so I'll post a few from my archive.
Enjoy!

This first cake was a lively cake I made for Naomi's 1st Birthday last July. I tried out a lot of new things while making this cake, so it's a little over the top with decorations, but I loved it anyway. Naomi had a blast munching on the home-made butterfly candies.

This was Haydn's sand castle bundt cake last April for his 3rd birthday. It was easy and fun to make with Haydn, and was delicious with the berry sauce James made to drizzle on top.

This cake was really fun to make for Aunt Cori's birthday in August. After I made the marshmallow fondant, Haydn helped me cut out the shapes and place them 'strategically' on the cake. Most of all, it was tasty treat with a berry buttercream filling!

This was a fun little cake to work on, but I made it on a hot summer day, so the fondant felt like it was going to melt in my hands. Cori took it to her sister-in-law for her birthday in August. I hope it brightened her day!

Ah, and the finale! The crab cake I made for Haydn's 2nd birthday! Good thing Cori was there to help with this because it took a lot of time to put together. The cherries were a fun combination with the rich chocolate cake. Most importantly, the crab made a splash with Haydn!
Mmm...I'm hungry now.

4 comments:

Lisette said...

i love them. i love the crab. what event was that one for? i miss you. let's do lunch next week.

Little Contents said...

Thanks - I made the crab for Haydn's 2nd birthday. It was a lot of fun. Lunch Friday work for you?

Valerie said...

Wow Kristi! I am impressed! What fun idea will you come up with next?

Little Contents said...

Thanks Val!
We'll see - I'm stewing up ideas for Haydn's 4th birthday in April...